This week on "Bombshell," Kelly Magsamen joins us to talk about Sec Tillerson’s Asia visit, the upcoming Trump-Xi soiree, and North Korean chicanery. We also discuss splitting the check with NATO, attacks on civil servants, whether the Defense Department deserves a bonus (and how to spend it), and why we love Christine Fox. We also answer questions from the audience and reveal our favorite bourbon bars in DC.
- "Did Rex Tillerson Misspeak?" by Laura Rosenerger
- "The Rebalance is Dead! Long Live the Rebalance!" by Mira Rapp-Hooper, Harry Kreja, and Hannah Suh
- "Rex Tillerson's approach to North Korea," by Jeff Lewis
- "Healthcare + Iran Deal," by Ilan Goldenberg
- "What's a NATO Ally Worth?" by Richard Fontaine
- "Is NATO Obsolete? Trump Not Only One Asking," by Molly O'Toole
- "Federal Staffers Panicked by Conservative Media Attacks," by Nahal Toosi and Andrew Restuccia
- "Trump's Bigger Military Won't Necessarily Make US Stronger, Safer," by Todd Harrison
- White House docs on DoD supplemental budget
Note: Please excuse some minor, intermittent cell phone interference in this episode. That's on us and it won't happen again!