Joining us this week is Nate Barcalow, vocalist of Finch, Earthbound Ghost, Reverend Crow, and now, Private Lives. With Finch, Nate released 3 EPs and 3 studio albums, with “What It Is To Burn” considered by many as one of the most influential post-hardcore records of the 2000s.
Nate has most recently embarked on a new project with Kenny Finn called Private Lives, and in this interview we hear more about what they're working on, Nate's side of the story in relation to Finch's breakup, and the advice he'd offer to his fellow musicians.
- We talk about Nate’s latest project Private Lives, and the songs they’ve released so far
- We hear how Nate’s been surprised by people’s reactions to some of the Private Lives songs
- “Do what makes you happy and if people like it, then great!” - Nate Barcalow
- Nate shares how he had a specific idea of how he wanted Private Lives to sound
- Nate shares how he’s interested in exploring different sounds and what he is capable of
- We talk about the importance...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.