It's time, once again, to celebrate the Top 20 Best Celtic songs of 2015. We had a lot of great music last year as I found out when I compiled all of your votes. That's right. YOU get to vote for the best Celtic music of the year. Today, you're gonna hear the Best Celtic music from Emerald Rose, The Flying Toads, Clandestine, Appalachian Celtic Consort, The Gothard Sisters, Count 4dB, Full Gael, Heather Alexander, Breabach, Kailyarders, Jesse Ferguson, The Rogues, The Blarney Rebel Band, Runa, Patsy O'Brien, Whiskey Sunday, The Elders, Wild Colonial Bhoys, Bourbon & Shamrocks, Carolina Ceili.
If you enjoy this podcast, then please rate the show on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher. Then subscribe to our Celtic Music Magazine. This is our free newsletter and your guide to the latest Celtic music and podcast news. Subscribe today to download 34 Celtic MP3s for free. Remember to support the artists who support this podcast: buy their CDs, download their MP3s, see their shows, and drop them an email to let them know you heard them on the Irish and Celtic Music Podcast. And remember to Vote in the Celtic Top 20. Your active voting will help define the Top 20 songs of 2016 at the end of the year.
Today's show is brought to you by Celtic Invasion Vacations
Every year, I take a small group of Celtic music fans to exotic locations around the world. We don’t travel in big tour buses and see everything. Instead, we stay in one area. We get to Know the region through its culture, history, and legends. Plus, I bring you some great Celtic music by me and other Celtic artists. We're going to Cornwall in 2016. Subscribe to the mailing list to join the invasion at celticinvasion.com
* Thanks to the Patrons of the Podcast. Your kind and generous support keeps this show running every week. Become a Patrons at celticmusicpodcast.com/patron. Special thanks to our newest Patrons: Rachel and JoJoTheCactus!
* I am now looking for bands for the St. Patrick's Day Internet Music Festival. If you are a Celtic musician, have videos you've made, or are willing to make, of live performances, and a willingness to promote the event, then go to the website for details to join.
* We have brand new, 2016 t-shirts that are now designed for the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. Special thanks to James McDaniel II who once again created the design for this year's shirts. Get yours at celticmusic.org/celtic-tshirts. If you're subscribed to the Celtic Music Magazine, then tomorrow, you will receive a discount code to save 10% off your order. If you're Patron, you'll save an additional 10%.
* The 2016 polls are now open for you to vote for your favorite bands in the Celtic Top 20. Much like this show, I ask you to vote for your favorite bands in each episode so that we can create a best of episode at the end of the year. I revised those polls to make it even easier to vote. All you need is the band name and the episode number to cast a vote for your favorites. Go vote at celticmusicpodcast.com/vote.
* I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK: Email a written comment to email@example.com or call 678-CELT-POD to leave a voicemail message. That's 678-235-8763. What are you doing today while listening to the podcast? Send me pictures of what you're doing or a picture of one of your travels to one of the Celtic nations.
* TIME TO PAY THE PIPER.
This Week in Celtic Music
0:31 "Autumn In Asheville" by Emerald Rose from That Night in the Garden
5:20 "Palm Sunday" by The Flying Toads from
10:20 "Ballad of Accounting" by Clandestine from Red
14:45 "Cul Aodh/Kesh Jig" by Appalachian Celtic Consort from Drop O' the Pure
16:40 "Grace O'Malley" by The Gothard Sisters from Mountain Rose
20:26 Celtic Music News
21:40 "The Fisherman's Song" by Count 4dB from Rylander: There Can Be Only One
25:22 "Ships Are Sailing/Wind Shakes the Barley/Star of the Munster" by Full Gael from Traditional Music with Celtic Roots
29:03 "Gypsy Bardic Tinker People" by Heather Alexander from A Gypsy's Home - Songs of the Roving Life
34:20 "Monday Night at Ricardo's" by Breabach from Urlar
39:12 "Stornoway" by Kailyarders from King of the Jolly
42:16 Celtic Music Feedback
45:43 "The Rocky Road to Dublin" by Jesse Ferguson from The Parting Glass
48:58 "Cullen Anderson" by The Rogues from Live in Canada, Eh?
53:43 "Darker Than the Mine" by The Blarney Rebel Band from Pile High The Pennywall
57:35 "Land of Sunshine Set" by Runa from Current Affairs
1:03:11 "Good Times Coming" by Patsy O'Brien from Irish Guitar
1:07:53 "She Took the Train" by Whiskey Sunday from Holy Water
1:11:25 "Road to Ruins" by The Elders from Story Road
1:17:01 "Farewell to Erin" by Wild Colonial Bhoys from On Our Own
1:22:08 "Zooie" by Bourbon & Shamrocks from Craic
1:25:16 "Cunla" by Carolina Ceili from 50 Shades of Green
The Irish & Celtic Music Podcast was produced by Marc Gunn, The Celtfather. To subscribe, go to iTunes or to our website where you can become a Patron of the Podcast for as little as $1 per episode. You can post feedback in the shownotes at celticmusicpodcast.com.