Muffin fairies, thumb wars, and fruit transit can only mean one thing: Explain it Like I’m 5! We’re also covering the news, discussing the effects of remote work, and agreeing it’s OK to ignore the frontend dev scene for awhile.
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Retool For Startups – More and more startups are using Retool to focus their time on their core product. That’s exactly why Retool launched “Retool For Startups” — it’s a program that gives early-stage founders free access to a lot of the software needed for great internal tooling. Retool has bundled together a year of free access to Retool with over $160,000 in partner discounts to save you money while building Retools apps with common integrations. Learn more, apply, join lightening demos and much more at retool.com/startups
Sentry – Working code means happy customers. That’s exactly why teams choose Sentry. From error tracking to performance monitoring, Sentry helps teams see what actually matters, resolve problems quicker, and learn continuously about their applications - from the frontend to the backend. Use the code
SHIPITand get the team plan free for three months.
- Auth0 – The for developers, by developers identity platform built for the cloud era that secures billions of logins every year. Security, compliance, and industry standards are always up-to-date, plus devs are free to provide the login options their users want with the security their application demands. Make login Auth0’s problem. Not yours. Learn more at Auth0.com
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Amelia Wattenberger – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- The effects of remote work on collaboration among information workers
- How Slack Changed Apple’s Employee Culture
- Get your head checked
- CSS container units
- I completely ignored the front end development scene for 6 months. It was fine
- Safari 15 Beta Release Notes
- LeadDev conference on Staff+
- Go Time’s 200th episode live show
- Don’t be the last kid on your block to get Firebase JS SDK 9.0.0! Don’t be
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!