Jim Casey talks with Randy Houser about:
- releasing his debut album 10 years ago
- making a living doing what he loves
- the catalyst for his new album, Magnolia, which drops on Nov. 2
- hitting the reset button and simplifying things on the new album
- co-writing all 12 tracks on the new album with a bevy songwriters, including Dallas Davidson, Hillary Lindsey, John Osborne, Jaren Johnston and more
- the significance of the album's title
- co-producing the new album with Keith Gattis
- writing and releasing the new single, "What Whiskey Does"
- letting his voice shine throughout the album without overproduction
- touring the West Coast
- visiting Australia in December to spend time with his wife's family
- Randy Houser
- Jim Casey, NCD editor in chief
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.