Jim Casey talks with Hunter Hayes about:
- life-living and self-discovery as a 27-year-old
- releasing his first single in three years to country radio, "Heartbreak"
- the genesis of "Heartbreak," which set the tone for his upcoming album
- trying to stay optimistic in the face of negativity
- releasing his self-titled debut album in 2011
- growing up in the industry as a young artist
- finishing his upcoming fourth studio album
- removing the filters—lyrically and musically—from his new songs
- working with producer, Sam Ellis, on the upcoming album after working with Dann Huff on previous albums
- headlining his Closer to You Tour
- playing new songs during his live show
- Hunter Hayes
- Jim Casey, NCD editor in chief
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.