Jim Casey talks with Thomas Rhett about:
- the anticipation of releasing his new album, Center Point Road, on May 31
- moving from Valdosta, Ga., to Hendersonville, Tenn., as a 5-year-old in 1995
- his first memory of his house on Center Point Road
- building the new 16-song album
- finding the centerpiece for the album, "Remember You Young"
- his nostalgic, old-soul nature
- writing the majority of the record while on the road
- his new song, "That Old Truck," which was inspired by his first truck, "Fergie"
- selecting "Look What God Gave Her" as the album's lead single
- collaborations on the new album, including Kelsea Ballerini, Jon Pardi and Little Big Town
- the range of emotions created by sequencing the songs on the album
- how being a father the last two-plus years influenced the album
- his Very Hot Summer Tour with Dustin Lynch, Russell Dickerson and Rhett Akins
- performing at Bridgestone Arena during CMA Fest on June 8
- Thomas Rhett
- Jim Casey, editor in chief of NCD
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.