By the time this is published I will be lying in bed in Toad Hall with a hangover like a nasty case of death warmed up. The Song, by Toad Christmas Party was on Friday 5th December, and given how exhausted I am at the moment I would imagine that about two or three gins into the evening I will be whistling Waltzing Matilda out my fucking ears.
Still, the Meursault album will be out, the party will be sorted, the Song, by Toad Records publicity juggernaut will be chuntering along comfortably and I will be able to begin the gentle slide into Christmas relaxation. Finally finally finally. I am so fucking exhausted from all the bloody time I've thrown into this since the Summer, and over Christmas there will be two weeks off with little to do but move this site all over to self-hosting and tinker a little with the design.
I'll be trying to make the sessions and Toad Records things a little more prominent, and generally poking about in general. The problem is that my CSS is so piss-poor that I really am limited in what I can do, so I'll just have to hope it turns out okay. I am loath to pay someone to redesign the thing for me though, because that seems to be somewhat contrary to the Spirit of All Things Toad.
The Spirit of All Things Toad, of course, being gin.
- The National - Fake Empire (01.30)
- Doveman - Teacup (06.05)
- Samamidon - Wild Bill Jones (12.53)
- Phil & the Osophers - High Art (22.43)
- Miracles of Modern Science - MR2 (26.15)
- Radiohead - Idioteque (32.49)
- Chopps Derby - Down the Dogs (41.22)
- The 1900s - Age of Metals (47.01)
- Alela Diane - White as Diamonds (50.12)
- The Wave Pictures - Leave the Scene Behind (58.07)Song, by Toad