UKE BOX 132 – Ukebox (the band)
(original broadcast date: June 8, 2016)
A spotlight on Ukebox – the all ukulele band from Liverpool, UK! They just released a double album of ukulele covers this year. Looking like an all ukulele version of The Beatles – this 5-person ensemble takes the ukulele to new frontiers. Selections from their self-titled double album on this week’s playlist and more.
1. Beatles Medley- I Saw Her Standing There / Can’t Buy Me Love / Eight Days a Week / Help! / Twist and Shout
2. The Dells – Oh What a Night!
3. Beach Boys – Wouldn’t It Be Nice
4. Aretha Franklin – Respect / I Feel Good
5. Pharrell Williams – Happy
6. Beyoncé – Crazy in Love
7. Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
8. Elvis Medley – Hound Dog / Roll Over Beethoven / Wipeout / Be-Bop-A-Lula / Rock Around the Clock / Blue Suede Shoes / Summertime / Shout
10. Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
11. Mumford and Sons – The Cave / Little Lion Man / I Will Wait
12. Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode
13. Rihanna / Ray Charles – Umbrella / Hit the Road Joack
14. Tom Jones – Delilah
15. Ukebox – Time
16. Randy Newman – You Got a Friend in Me
Ukebox, vol. 1
Ukebox, vol. 2
UKE BOX is the all ukulele radio show on Trent Radio 92.7FM in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada with your host Lester Alfonso. It’s recorded live every Wednesday at 5pm.