Devyn’s Wild Idea: To connect people through films and stories that will change the world.
Devyn Bisson is a documentary filmmaker who got her start as a beach lifeguard in Huntington Beach, Calif. At just 25 years old, Devyn has produced and created several award-winning films, including The Wave I Ride, and a short about Syrian Refugee Crisis, Lighthouse Molyvos, that’s coming out this summer.
Even though she’s young, Devyn has a lot of wisdom about the power of telling a story, and how you can tell your story now. She talks about the similarities between making films and lifeguarding – in many ways they can both save lives. She also shares tips on how to find stories, how to listen to your gut, and how to follow a film’s story so it resonates with a greater audience and takes on its own life.
Listen to this episode if:
- You love documentaries.
- You’re a surfer or a lifeguard.
- You want to be a filmmaker.
- You are interested in telling important stories.
- You’re an artist, poet, or a rebel.
- You care about the Syrian refugee crisis and the world.
- You want to make a career doing what you love.
For full show notes, including guest links and books mentioned during the episode, visit: http://wildideasworthliving.com/25