Quebec’s overblown backlash to the appointment of Amira Elghawaby as special representative on combatting Islamophobia in response to her analysis of a poll from back in 2019. And is the government telling us to only drink two alcoholic beverages a week? Sarah Hagi co-hosts.
Host: Jesse Brown
Credits: Aviva Lessard (Producer), Tristan Capacchione (Audio Editor and Technical Producer), Annette Ejiofor (Managing Editor)
Guest: Sarah Hagi
- Uproar over Amira Elghawaby appointment proof of need for someone like her in the job - Toronto Star
- Tom Mulcair: Amira Elghawaby is the wrong person for the job - The Montreal Gazette
- Elghawaby and Farber: Quebec's Bill 21 shows why we fear the tyranny of the majority - Ottawa Citizen
- A new measure of unhealthy drinking - The Decibel The Globe and Mail
- How much booze is too much booze? - Front Burner CBC
If you value this podcast, Support us! You’ll get premium access to all our shows ad free, including early releases and bonus content. You’ll also get our exclusive newsletter, discounts on merch at our store, tickets to our live and virtual events, and more than anything, you’ll be a part of the solution to Canada’s journalism crisis, you’ll be keeping our work free and accessible to everybody.
You can listen ad-free on Amazon Music—included with Prime.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.