Jerod, Kball, Divya, and Nick share their initial impressions of GitHub’s recently announced package registry, what JS skills are trending in job listings, and shout outs!
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Gauge – Low maintenance test automation! Gauge is free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Less code, less maintenance, more acceptance testing. Gauge is a free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Gauge tests are in Markdown which makes writing and maintaining tests easier.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Divya – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
GitHub’s package registry
- Our “coverage” of GitHub’s Friday afternoon announcement
- GitHub’s official package registry feature page
- Remember when we had Jeff Lembeck on JS Party?
- Something strange is going on at npm
- Nobody Predicted Microsoft 😬
JS job trends
- Engineering & design progression maps: progression.fyi
- KBall’s megatrends post
- Stefan Kaltenegger
- Ryan Singer
- Halfstack Conf
- NEJS Conf
- All Things Open
- The Recurse Center
- Rene Rubalcava
- Learn Dojo
- Vim Fugitive (tpope!)
- Go Time is back!
- Hardware hacking with TinyGo and Gopherbot
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!