Oh, sweet irony—you leave your home to see new things only to be greeted by crowds, lines, more crowds, and people wherever you go! Over tourism, popular sights, lines, uncomfortable crowding—all of these factors can make it seem like it’s not worth it to go anywhere. Your solo travel advisor Astrid Clements doesn’t like crowds either and has some tips for managing crowds, lines, and overstuffed destinations. Listen to this episode of Solo Travel Talk, the Hassle-Free Travel Series if you want some tips about managing the hassle of crowds on your trips.
Mentioned on the show:
- The AstridTravel Club: a place for those who want to experience affordable luxury travel or want to go solo that’s not totally solo. The AstridTravel Club is the sponsor of the Hassle-Free Travel Series.
- Astrid enjoyed the Responsible Travel website: tips and insights about the impact our adventures can have (and how to manage it)
Some of the questions answered on this episode…
- When should I plan my trip to avoid crowds?
- What is the shoulder season?
- Are skip the line options worth it?
- Are popular travel destinations more crowded or is that only a perception?
- What is overtourism?
- What is The AstridTravel Club and how do I join?
We love sharing the most innovative and informative content to get you out there solo. Astrid, your expert Solo Travel Advisor-- has a whole section of resources for solo travelers on her website, AstridTravel.com. Follow Astrid on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or with your favorite podcast app. Just go solo!