In this episode The Tour Bus Music Show is stopping by the “Jazz Lounge” with an interview and music with the extraordinary Matt Cusson.Matt is the keyboardist for Brian McKnight and is an award-winning singer/songwriter and pianist in his own right. Ana and I sit down to talk with this gifted self-taught musician and get a picture of the man behind the music. We’ll also talk about his musical influences, such as Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Djavan, Miles Davis, and John Mayer, just to name a few. A few interesting facts about Matt:
- In 2009 Matt won (by unanimous vote) the John Lennon Songwriting Contest's top annual prize - the Maxell Song of the Year - for his jazz ballad "One of Those Nights".
- 3 time winner of the amateur night competition at the legendary Apollo Theater
- That song won the Billboard Songwriting Award in the Best Jazz Song category, and came in second in the International Songwriting Competition.
- He’s also performed with, including Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, the Roots, Babyface, and Javier Colon.
- He’s performed with Brian McKnight on "Live with Regis and Kelly"
- He was a featured performer on the international "Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror" tour in 2010.
- Perhaps more inspiring is his constant effort to share his talent by supporting various charities, such as the Susan G. Komen Foundation, Songs of Love, Defenders for Children, Hillcrest Educational Center and Community Resources for People With Autism, as well as his local food pantry.
We hope that you enjoy the show as much as we’ve enjoyed talking with Matt.You can finds out more information about Matt Cusson at: http://www.mattcusson.com/ and http://www.reverbnation.com/mattcusson