Comedian, actor, podcast pioneer and my hero Marc Maron joins us to talk record collecting, music, rare records, vinyl shopping and more.
- Marc doesn’t feel he’s a record nerd
- Thoughts on Mobile Fidelity records
- Marc compares some records side by side
- Various labels Marc follows
- Light in the Attic, Numero Group, Resonance Records
- Marc’s local shops - Permanent Records in LA, Gimme Gimme Records
- How does Marc shop for records
- How are his records organized?
- Records that Marc buys multiple times over
- First pressings don’t matter
- Modern Remixes: Pink Floyd Animals 2018 Remix, Beatles Abbey Road, etc
- Boxsets, booklets, outtakes and ephemera
- Jimi Hendrix – Songs for Groovy Children
- What’s the most Marc ever paid for a record?
- Records he was sent recently
- Marc still has some high school records
- Formative records of Marc’s youth
- When Marc discovered Zappa
- Collecting Krautrock
- McIntosh amp from the Maron TV show
- Gear talk
- Collectability of Marc’s vinyl releases
- Fitting a comedy routine on a record release package
- Marc’s history with releasing comedy records
- The WTF Live in the Garage record
- Opinions on black, coloured splatter vinyl?
- Discussing blues records & guitarists
- Modern music Earthless / OFF!
- John Lee Hooker – Serve You Right to Suffer
- Interview wrap up
Video, Extended, high-resolution & Commercial Free version of this interview available at: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you. Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and record-related