Homer Flynn, President of The Cryptic Corporation, discusses the rare records of The Residents, the archive of Ralph Records, limited vinyl pressings, boxsets, the latest pREServed editions and much more!
- Interview intro
- Comparing pREServed editions to original boxset ideas
- Third Reich and Roll boxset
- What’s in the Ralph Records archive
- Spare boxes of Residents releases
- Anything missing from the recorded works?
- "Santa Dog" original recordings and tapes
- The story of the WB Album –status of original package
- Early tapes that were stolen from the Cryptic Corporation
- Hardy Fox’s ‘concentrates’
- The concept and story of Santa Dog
- The challenge of the Santa Dog package
- Mailing records and Nixon refused
- 100 records lost and recovered
- Handmade boxes for remaining "Santa Dog"s
- Recognizing the collectability of Residents records
- How the Residents benefitted from Punk and New Wave
- Creating The Beatles parody for “Meet The Residents”
- Dick Clark’s response to "Third Reich and Roll"
- Different pressings of "Third Reich and Roll"
- The power of limiting production units
- "Eskimo" vinyl with white fur on label
- Will we see anything else from Vileness Fats?
- Digitizing and right securing for older recordings
- The Residents UBS – Ultimate Box Set & Mystery Box
- Artists dropping by Grove Street, contributing to recordings
- Touring challenges
- New music is on its way – working title revealed
- Interview wrap up
Extended, high-resolution & Commercial Free version of this interview available at: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
Support our show: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide
If you like records, just starting a collection or are an uber-nerd with a house-full of vinyl, this is the podcast for you. Nate Goyer is The Vinyl Guide and discusses all things music and record-related