In memory of Sixto "Sugar Man" Rodriguez, here is the full Vinyl Guide interview from 2018 discussing music, records, recordings and more.
Rest in Peace Mr Rodriguez.
- Interview start / greetings
- Music on vinyl and digital
- Memories of Australia and New Zealand
- Rodriguez was surprised by a large fanbase in Australia
- Writing the songs on “Cold Fact” & “Coming From Reality”
- The accident that took part of his finger
- The “I’ll Slip Away” single on Impact records
- What the “Sugarman” character someone he knew?
- Did his style change between the two LPs?
- Fighting injustice in the music industry
- What is the one message Sixto would like to give the world?
- Will we see another Rodriguez album?
- Honorary PhD / Dr Rodriguez
- Did Sixto continue to play music during the years after he made his records?
- Is he familiar with Blue Goose record label out of Australia?
- Do you know where the master tapes of “Cold Fact” and “Coming From Reality” are?
- Touring the world with local musicians
- Taking inspiration from his family who served in military
- How did you choose the path of being an artist?
- What does he want to accomplish in his remaining years?
- The King of Thailand came to his show
- Rodriguez still studies music
- Social commentary on global cultures
- What music, lyrics does he feel are still relevant today?
- End of interview
Pls support our podcast at: www.Patreon.com/VinylGuide