Izzy Sederbaum is a trans-masculine cyclist and policy scholar who survived a rare cougar attack on a ride outside of Seattle in early 2018. Izzy was hospitalized with severe facial trauma while hateful anti-trans rhetoric filled comment sections of news articles that he had little to no control over. All the hatred pushed Izzy in a direction motivated by love. Today he's working to make cycling more inclusive for people with marginalized identities.
Connect with Izzy:
- Take Action: Equality Act
- REI statement: Join us in supporting the trans community and LGBTQ+ equality
- Pre-order Shelby Stanger’s new book, Will to Wild and watch the trailer!
- Stream Space Oddity on Amazon Instant Video, iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu
- Check out REI's Spring 2023 Editors' Choice Awards
At REI we remain committed to ensuring that the outdoors, the co-op and society at large are accessible and welcoming to all people—including transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming people.